Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Prayer: A Simple Conversation with God!

Our Father, who art in Heaven..., Now I lay me down to sleep..., Bless all who can give, and those who cannot..., etc... I am tired of scripted prayer! Prayer with my Lord, should not be something you read out of a book, or are taught as a child. Prayer should be you and God, mano a mano (man to man), where you can be open, vulnerable, real and down to earth with God! I'm not bashing scripted prayers, we were taught them as a foundation, a way to get us started off in life. It is nice to have scripture for when you feel down, or joyful, basically all the Psalm(s).

I admit I struggle praying, I struggle to willingly pray, its not the first thing I do at the beginning of the day, its not the last thing I do at the end! Its not something I do before meals, or when I say, "yeah, I'll pray for you!" Well unfortunately, I don't! I struggle with staying focused in prayer, my mind wanders like CRAZY! I start off good, and then I'll start day dreaming, losing focus, and before you know it my mind is not even focused on praying!

Its not that I do not like praying, I just forget. How can I forget to talk, daily, with my Father, the one who actually wants to hear how my days going, who wants to know what's hurting me! Well, He already knows, I think He just wants to hear us, and have a simple conversation with us! Well I want to have a conversation with Him, I just wish it doesn't always seem like a want list, or to do list for God to finish.

For me praying the way I've learned seems to be more of a task or chore rather than a desire... I guess this blog is definitely the most exciting, and definitely does not contain that much thought, but its something I struggle with, something I need accountability with. Who would of thought you would need accountability to talk more, well I sure do!


I want my life to be a prayer to you, I want to do everything that You want me to do... Lead me wherever, take me down roads I don't want to go! Well how will He tell me if I don't take time out of my day to chit chat with my Savior! I do have one scripted prayer that stood out to me tonight, during church (which was a devotional about prayer) Psalm 63, was when David was in the Desert of Judah!

 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you,
   my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. Those who want to kill me will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
 They will be given over to the sword  and become food for jackals.
  But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God will glory in him,
   while the mouths of liars will be silenced.


I want my life to just be complete already, have my relationship with God be perfect, follow His will, trust in Him for everything! Oh, yeah and I want to marry the Love of my life, 2 dogs, have 3 kids, a white picked fence, a job I WILL enjoy, and no school loans to pay! Yet I have none of that, I am learning to be patient, I know these things will come in order! I will fall in Love first with God, He then will provide a wife, then two dogs come first for joy, then 3 children and then the white fence, the job will be enjoyed (I've always wanted to be a Father), and my loans will get paid off by the job I don't like!

It starts with me! I need to get my life straight, my priorities need to be in check! God comes FIRST and foremost!

ITS JUST ME AND MY GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment